Yes, it is finally here. Raspberry Pi Zero WH (Wireless + Header) is available on Cytron marketplace. This is a super cheap single board computer. Hey! With just RM56.00(Exl GST), you get a working computer, it is cheaper than any Arduino controller board with 32-bit processor, and it comes with WiFi and Bluetooth ready, Not to forget this the H version is professionally presoldered with 40-pin headers. Though is not a working computer yet, but at least you have the motherboard :) It has all the features of Raspberry Pi Zero W :) Now with ready header pins, it will be easier for you to get started with sensors, and output, simply get some jumper wires to connect it
Raspberry Pi Zero WH is a super-compact, hackable, and ultra-low cost computer, Of course this version comes with built-in WiFi and Bluetooth.
And there is no so call clone version of this super low cost computer, this is the original Raspberry Pi Zero WH from Raspberrypi.org, do check the reseller list under Raspberry Pi Zero W page.
With BCM 2835 (32-bit ARM based processor) SoC running at 1GHz, the raspberry pi zero is faster that Raspberry Pi 1. With mini-HDMI, micro-B OTG USB, and the same 40-pin GPIO it still has great connectivity although you'll probably need some accessories to help you hook it up to your existing devices.
We are coming out with the WH starter kit, For the time being please take a look at the W starter kit with:
Pi Zero WH Features and Specs:
- Processor: BCM 2835 SOC
- Clock speed: 1GHz
- RAM: 512MB
- Built-in Wireless: WiFi + Bluetooth 4.1 + BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), same as Raspberry Pi 3.
- Memory: micro-SD
- Display and Audio: mini-HDMI
- USB Port: micro-B USB for data
- Power input: micro-B USB for power
- Camera interface: CSI camera connector (needs adaptor cable, 0.5mm pitch to pitch CSI)
- GPIO: Unpopulated 40-pin GPIO connector, compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero v1.3 and Raspberry Pi 3.
- Compatibility of GPIO: Compatible with existing HAT addons
- Dimensions: 65mm x 30mm x 5mm
- Professionally soldered 40-pin header.
OK, for those that bought Raspberry Pi Zero WH and misses the accessories to get it up, here are our recommended stuff:
- A good quality 5V power supply - we suggest 5V 2.5A with cable - this will allow you to power the Zero from a wall adapter. It is not suggested to power the Zero from a computer USB port as the voltage often sags and can cause SD card corruption!
- 8GB+ microSD Card with Operating System - We do not sell this separately, you can get it easily from any PC or mobile phone store then burn in Raspbian Wheezy and update the firmware. Make sure you have the latest version!
- Mini HDMI to HDMI Adapter, or Mini HDMI to standand HDMI cable - Will let you convert the little port on the Zero to a standard sized HDMI jack. You can get 1080P HDMI video + audio out of this little computer!
- USB OTG Cable - Lets you plug in a normal USB device such as WiFi dongle, USB hub, keyboard, mouse, etc into the Zero.
- USB Console cable (UC00A or UC00C) - if you're not going to stick an HDMI monitor on there, then this is essential, you connect the wires to the GPIO pins and log in over a serial console. Its the easiest & fastest way to get on your Pi.
Of course if you want a better computing experience with this tiny computer, we recommend getting:
- Acrylic case for Raspberry Pi Zero/W- Cytron Raspberry Pi Zero and W Acrylic enclosure. Keeps your Pi Zero W safe and sleek.Or you can get the official Raspberry Pi Casing.
- Mini Wireless Keyboard w/Trackpad - Requires only one USB port, which makes it a great match for the Pi Zero W
- Wireless Keyboard + Mouse set - Also requires only one USB port, but for everyday use.
- Pi T-Cobbler - When paired with the male 2x20 pin header, you can use your Pi Zero W with a breadboard to connect sensors, LEDs, motors and more!
Please note: Some boards are made in the UK, some in China. WE DO NOT KNOW IN ADVANCE WHICH ONES YOU MAY RECEIVE!